Halloween wasn’t the only attention-grabber at the end of October.
The Ford Foundation hosted an amazing event on October 30 on our country’s demographic changes, and the many opportunities that exist in our increasing diversity.
If you weren’t in the room with PolicyLink, the Center for American Progress, and lots of national leaders, we’ve got the next best thing! Grab some popcorn and settle in–the whole great day is on tape.
- Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
- Maya L. Harris, former Vice President, Democracy, Rights and Justice, Ford Foundation
A panel of economists, business leaders, and workforce experts explores the economic and business case for equity.
- Moderator: Angela Glover Blackwell, PolicyLink
- Heather Boushey, Center for American Progress
- Stephen DeBerry, Bronze Investments
- Nicole Smith, Georgetown Center for Education and the Workforce
- Jason Young, Hidden Genius Project
This panel of elected officials and advocates addresses how to make equitable growth the reality.
- Moderator: Neera Tanden, Center for American Progress
- Jocelyn Frye, Center for American Progress
- Maria Teresa Kumar, Voto Latino
- Brad Lander, New York City Council
Award-winning journalist Soledad O’Brien interviews Gary Segura and Ruy Teixeira about a new nationally-representative public opinion poll about diversity, equity as an economic imperative, and the All-In Nation equity policy agenda, after a presentation of the results.
- Soledad O’Brien, Journalist and CEO, Starfish Media Group
- Gary Segura, Latino Decisions
- Ruy Teixeira, Center for American Progress
Want more? Download the CAP and PolicyLink book, All-In Nation: An America that Works for All, which lays out the kind of policy agenda Americans polled would support to bolster the economy and reduce inequality.