Advancing Equity in Community Planning Lessons from the Oakland Sustainable Neighborhoods Initiative
This 60-minute discussion highlights the challenge of bringing about development without displacement in East Oakland, where some of the most distressed neighborhoods in northern California are experiencing unprecedented gentrification forces. This webinar lifts up some of the most innovative approaches to community-led planning, and will feature commentary from city leaders and community groups on the ground who are democratizing the city planning process.
- Teddy Miller, PolicyLink (moderator)
- Margaretta Lin, City of Oakland Strategic Initiatives Director (former)
- Onyine Alheri, CPL Member
- Kip Harkness, City of San Jose Deputy City Manager
- TBD, Representative from Causa Justa :: Just Cause