April 15, 2015 - 11:00am to 12:30pm PDT | Webinar
Twitter 101 & Twitter for California Advocacy
Twitter is becoming increasingly vital to the work of California advocates, often playing a central role in policy campaigns — it’s time to take the Twitter plunge!
Join the PolicyLink California-based communications team for an interactive Twitter training. The first half of the webinar will address Twitter basics, such as:
• Why should I join Twitter?
• What is a hashtag?
• How do I Tweet?
More seasoned Twitter users are welcome to join for the second half (starting at 11:45 a.m.), with a focus on using Twitter as an advocacy tool, including:
• Why should I participate in a Tweet chat?
• Should I Tweet directly at a policymaker?
• What is a Thunderclap?
This webinar is intended for California equity advocates, including partners in the Alliance for Boys and Men of Color, the California Equity Leaders Network, and SB 375 equity coalitions.
• Anand Subramanian, Senior Communications Associate, PolicyLink
• Amber Washington, Senior Associate & Social Media Manager, PolicyLink
Register now. Even if you cannot attend, register to get access to the recording of the webinar