PolicyLink is a national research and action institute advancing racial and economic equity by Lifting Up What Works®.
PolicyLink seeks to deliver and scale results in the following arenas:
- Equitable Economy: Promote economic inclusion and ownership to eliminate poverty, shrink inequality, and increase mobility.
- Healthy Communities of Opportunity: Create and maintain opportunity-rich communities in all neighborhoods and all regions of the country through strong networks and social capital, equitable development, and infrastructure investments that enable low-income people and communities of color to thrive.
- Just Society: Build power and expand agency to ensure that all systems and institutions are just, free of racial bias, and lead to a vibrant democracy where all, especially the most vulnerable, can participate and prosper.
PolicyLink succeeds by weaving together four essential functions:
- Advocacy that advances policy change at all levels of government and across sectors.
- Applied research and communications that build public and political will for inclusion, justice, and broadly shared prosperity.
- Constituency and network engagement that empowers leaders to advance equity.
- Implementation capacity that connects local innovations to policy; and provides stakeholders with needed data and tools.
In this Section
The Equity Manifesto