Exciting news! We are on the verge of passing a new law, the California Tenant Protection Act (AB 1482), in the California Assembly that will end rent gouging and stop landlords from evicting tenants without just cause.
We are only a few votes shy of being able to pass this law over the next two weeks. Can you spare 30 seconds today to contact your assembly member and ask for their support? Corporate interests are trying to kill this legislation – and we need your voices to fight back.
CLICK HERE for an easy tool that allows you to email key assembly members and will connect you directly to the right office, where you can leave a simple message expressing your support. It takes less than a minute!
For more information on how you can help protect renters and strengthen California communities, please find district factsheets and assemblymember contact information below:
- Assemblymember Al Murasutchi -- AD 66, Torance,Redondo Beach, Rancho Palos Verdes
(916) 319-2066 or @AsmMuratsuchi
- Assemblymember Autumn Burke -- AD 62, Inglewood, Hawthorne, El Segundo:
(916) 319-2062 or @AsmAutumnBurke
- Assemblymember Tom Daly -- AD 69, Anaheim, Santa Ana):
- Assemblymember Freddie Rodriguez -- AD 52, Ontario, Pomona, Chino:
(916) 319-2052 or @AsmRodriguez52
- Assemblymember Blanca Rubio -- AD 48, Covina, Azusa, Baldwin Park:
(916) 319-2048 or @AsmBlancaRubio
- Assemblymember Eduardo Garcia -- AD 56, Eastern Riverside County, Imperial County:
(916) 319-2056 or @AsmEGarciaAD56
- Assemblymember Cristina Garcia -- AD 58, Bell Gardens, Norwalk, Pico Rivera:
(916) 319-2058 or @AsmGarcia
- Assemblymember Ed Chau -- AD 49, Rosemead, Arcadia, South Pasadena:
(916) 319-2049 or @AsmEdChau
Thanks for your help in fighting for more affordable rents and basic fairness for California renters.