Ensuring Equitable, Sustainable, and Livable Communities: California State Policy in 2019
California’s state policy landscape in 2019 includes a new governor, new members in the state legislature, and new opportunities to get involved in supporting equitable policies that impact communities across the state.
On April 4th, please join the Miyako Group for a legislative briefing that will provide an overview of 2019 legislative proposals that reflect our 8-point equity policy platform. These include efforts to expand access to affordable housing and prevent displacement, promote transportation and mobility justice, increase workforce development and job access, improve air quality and local accountability, and promote equitable investments in low-income and rural communities.
Speakers will highlight efforts to drive equity-focused policies, as well as address those that pose threats to low-income communities and communities of color. Participants will learn how to join policy campaigns and will have an opportunity to engage in discussion with speakers.
Together, we can build our collective power and advance policies that create equitable outcomes for communities throughout California!
- Esther Rivera, State Policy Manager for CalWalks
- Julia Jordan, Policy Coordinator for Leadership Counsel for Justice & Accountability
- Chione Flegal, Managing Director at PolicyLink
- Stephanie Tsai, Climate Justice Program Associate for CA Environmental Justice Alliance
- Christina Livingston from ACCE
- Michael Claiborne from LCJA (Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability)
- Sam Tepperman-Gelfant, Deputy Managing Attorney from Public Advocates
- Sam Appel of Blue Green Alliance